Sunday, April 13, 2008

ApacheCon EU Day 5

Friday was the last day of ApacheCon EU 2008 and finally time for the Apache Maven Best Practices session. It was well attended, with good questions at the end and afterwards. I wish it had been scheduled earlier, both because by Friday I was not feeling well at all, and because people would have been able to put a face with a name earlier and had more time to come talk about whatever was on their minds. Surprisingly I think I was the only Maven person about, unless they were hiding... In any case I did my share of consulting on builds for both other Apache projects and attendees' internal work, which is my favorite thing to do.

Aside from the aforementioned illness (apparently I need to work on better food choices when travelling!) I had a great time meeting even more people I've "known" for years online but never actually met in person.

No comments: